NO OTHER ASPECT OF OUR BUSINESS IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE SAFETY AND WELL BEING OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS.
- We employ one in-house Safety Director plus two Safety Coordinators
- All team members attend weekly safety meetings plus other seminars and events
- Supervisors receive additional training several times a year
- Bonuses, compensation and “safety awards” are tied to the safety record of individual projects and the company as a whole
- We had an incident rate of .5 last year (national average 3.5) and have never had a significant finding from TOSHA
- Drug-free jobsites because of pre-employment drug screens
SKMES has an Experience Modification Rate (EMR) of .57
Our safety program has a direct effect on your company’s mod rate. The mod rate directly affects the cost of workers’ compensation insurance. The average EMR is 1.00 and means that a company has average losses for their industry and will pay 100% of the annual premium that is set by their state.
Higher EMR = Higher % of Annual Premiums = Higher Than Average Claims
Lower EMR = Pays Less than 100% = Lower Than Average Claims
We have hit several milestones and received several awards for safety including: