Tuition-Paid Apprenticeship Program
Earn While You Learn!
If you have ever wanted to learn a trade – electrical, plumbing or sheet metal – this is the way to do it. All SKMES team members hired as apprentices are automatically enrolled in the school for their specific trade (tuition is paid by the company). Classes are held September through April, following the Knox County School schedule. You will meet 5 to 6 times a month in the evenings, so you can still work with us full-time – and get paid!
• 4 Year Apprenticeship Program through RVCTC
• Internationally recognized NCCER program
• 2,000 hours of on-the-job work per year
• 160 hours of classroom instruction per year
• Classes meet 5 to 6 evenings a month
• 70 – 100 grade scale
• You will be provided a mentor to ensure your success
• Perfect Attendance – $100
• Apprentice of the Year – $100
• Getting a C or better – $100
• Eligible for annual evaluation-based pay raise
* All students must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Student responsible for the cost of the books.
North Carolina Apprenticeship Program
Online Classes Available
We also have an apprenticeship school for plumbing and HVAC in North Carolina, in partnership with the NCPHCC. These classes are taken online, and you can still work full-time with us.
- 4 Year Apprenticeship Program
- 2,000 hours of on-the-job work per year
- 70-100 grade scale
- Online classes – start any time
- Learn on your schedule
- Financial incentives may be offered
- You will be provided a mentor to ensure your success