Company-Paid Apprenticeship Program
Earn While You Learn!
Looking to start your career? If you have ever wanted to learn a trade – electrical, plumbing, sheet metal or HVAC – this is the way to do it. As an apprentice, you are a full-time, fully-benefited team member and work during the day. You are mentored and receive on-the-job training, and also receive additional classroom training to develop your craft skills and knowledge for your career. SKMES team members hired as apprentices are enrolled in the school for their specific trade (tuition is paid by the company). For our employees based out of Knoxville, classes are typically held September through May. You will meet 4 to 5 times a month in the evenings.
* All students must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• 4 Year Apprenticeship Program
• Internationally recognized NCCER program
• 2,000 hours of on-the-job work per year
• 160 hours of classroom instruction per year
• Classes meet 4 to 5 evenings a month
• You will be provided a mentor to ensure your success
• Perfect Attendance – $100
• Apprentice of the Year – $100
• Eligible for annual evaluation-based pay raise
North Carolina Apprenticeship Program
Online Classes Available
We also have an apprenticeship school for plumbing and HVAC in North Carolina, in partnership with the NCPHCC. These classes are taken online, and you can still work full-time with us.
- 4 Year Apprenticeship Program
- 2,000 hours of on-the-job work per year
- 70-100 grade scale
- Online classes – start any time
- Learn on your schedule
- Financial incentives may be offered
- You will be provided a mentor to ensure your success
*FOR REMOTE LOCATIONS APPRENTICESHIP OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGES AND ONLINE.