When the Shoffner and Kalthoff family of companies merged, it was with the goal of being different — better than any mechanical or electrical contractor in East Tennessee. From the essential to the most complex and technically challenging mechanical projects, SKMES is time and time again the contractor of choice.
Our reputation was built on the ability to “out perform” our competition. That reputation continues today.
SKMES offers our clients everything from pre construction to construction and commissioning to post construction services.
Our HVACR and Plumbing services include:
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
- Plumbing / Mechanical Piping
- Certified Medical Gas Piping Installation
- Process Piping / ASME Code Welding
- Sheetmetal Ductwork Fabrication
- Round Spiral Ductwork Fabrication
- Stainless Steel Fabrication
- Piping Fabrication
- Kitchen and Ventilation Hoods
- Automated Temperature Controls
- HVACR Service / Plumbing Service
With 500+ employees, SKMES has the knowledge, experience and ability to provide HVACR and plumbing services for a variety of projects, including:
- Hospitals / Health Care Facilities
- Office Buildings / Corporate Headquarters
- Schools and University Projects
- Data and Call Centers
- Television Production Studios
- Convention Centers / Municipal Buildings
- Manufacturing and Distribution Facilities
- Penal Facilities
- Retail Centers / Stores / Malls
We have HVACR and plumbing contractor licenses in the following states: Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Ohio.
SKMES takes great pride in hearing our clients say, “We have a project. We need Shoffner Kalthoff to be part of our team.” Many times these projects:
- are high profile…
- are best accomplished using one source for HVACR, plumbing and electrical service…
- have a tight schedule…
- require a large, highly skilled and trained workforce…
- require an excellent safety record…
- involve new technology…
- require intense attention to detail…
- or all of the above!